A glance into the Niger Delta Consortium Blueprint and Operational Navigation Manual (Guide)
The Nige Delta Consortium is a special purpose vehicle established to bring economic development into the Niger Delta Region of Nigeria.
Infrastructure development within urban and rural areas focusing on ->
- Highways, streets, bridges, and roads.
- hospitals, health centers, mobile health centers, learning centers (schools), etc.
- Mass transit, airports, and airways, and railways.
- Water supply and resources.
- Waste management, and water waste management.
- Information Technology.
- Power and Energy.
- Drinking water, other community and urban-related infrastructure.
i. Our operation process and participation and rules of engagement are profit-driven. Wherewith partnership model of delivery will highlight the distribution of profit sharing and attainable gains defined in the project content and legal terms of the agreement. A capital project investment is structured based on opportunities of returns over a set term period which includes the clauses of the Niger Delta Consortium financial gains and that of the investor.
ii. We work alongside government stakeholders to identify the need for infrastructure development. From the endpoint ascertain the funding capabilities through private-equity-based investor partnership with government guarantees and legal protection and provisions to help create the enabling environment for the entities of the project. The government does not provide funds. Niger Delta Consortium will identify the funding instrument, manage the entire process, and ensure investors' interest and government interest aligns with all legal requirements and deliverables set within the government-stakeholder and Niger Delta Consortium memorandum of understanding and working operational legal document.
iii. The Niger Delta Consortium "PEOPLE" internal management and board members will work by the Niger Delta membership instrument wherewith when specific expertise is leveraged via its members shall get an independent financial reward based on an agreed specific deliverable rate set for expert services rendered on a project.
iv. A general goodwill proceed will be rendered in the form of financial reward to a member of the Niger Delta Consortium where necessary.
v. Where a project involves a third-party charitable cause in the delivery of services and support for education, human capacity development, healthcare, women empowerment, and other relevant charitable-gain deployments. The Niger Delta Consortium in this respect will be the monitoring vehicle without any financial gains and or benefits but shall ensure deliverables meet all requirements.
(1) Poverty Reduction
Nigeria delta consortium will work with stakeholders and partners through a participatory process involving internal domestic and international stakeholders to identify core causes of poverty in this region. We will look at inclusive ways and methods on how to integrate actively driven options such as
- Women and girl child empowerment
- Welfare systems
- Development to support micro-businesses.
- Food development mechanisms.
- Equal opportunity integrational policy.
- Land abuse and protection policies.
- Food program.
- Security integration options.
(2) Agricultural Development
We will develop a working model and strategies to help tackle agricultural impediments and issues and also device modernized methods to improve and create an enabling environment for Agricultural activities leading to food generation and development, food processing, and acquisition.
Areas of focus:
- Small- and large-scale commercial farming
- Fishing (small and large scale)
- Food processing capabilities
- Agricultural food export and logistics systems
Education is a driver to development in any society, and the Niger Delta region lacks this area. We will set system tools in place to evaluate the failing educational systems, structure, and delivery. Use the outcome to outline better ways and functional working models to create an effective educational system.
The focus on educational development:
- How can education reach the remote areas in Niger Delta?
- How can education delivery methods be simplified?
- Making education accessible and affordable for all
- Help to drive effective monetary support for education.
- Provision of physical amenities for learning
- The provision of educational tools and materials
- Integrating technology models to support learning.
- Adult education inclusive support.
- Equality in the educational delivery process.
- Scholarship schemes through part.
- Government and stakeholder partnership programs.
(4) Girl Child & Women Empowerment
The girl child and women empowerment are a core component of the Niger Delta Consortium’s vision. To ensure the none neglect of the girl-chid and women in the Niger Delta society, we will work systematically with selected local charity-driven partnerships, government stakeholders in fighting against the inequality against women to ensure equal distribution and protection of the girl-child and women.
- Focus on helping the girl-child and women empowerment:
- Ensure that the girl-child gets access to good education.
- Protection from exploitation and oppression.
- The prevention of early marriage and prostitution
- Better laws and policies are in place to protect female rights.
- Equal opportunities in all aspects of society.
- Equal opportunities to employment and wealth distribution.
Energy is a problem in Nigeria entirely. It is also an issue within the Niger Delta region. Domestic and commercial use of energy is pivotal to a better society and economic growth. Our vision is to help create a template to help identify better energy-derived methods, management, and distribution.
- Create an enabling environment for alternative energy capture.
- Help to engage partnership energy research programs.
- Help to actualize the use of digital energy solutions.
- Help to improve and harness renewable energy alternatives.
- Help to actualize local-based renewable energy production.
- Improve the energy distribution methods via modern solutions.
- Ensure off-grid energy access to remote areas.
- Station energy research and development centre in Niger Delta.
In this area, we will formulate a working strategic partnership with development agencies, corporate entities, entrepreneurial development scheme projects to provide opportunities for entrepreneurship programs.
Work with locally-based institutions to encourage entrepreneurship.
Create enabling environment for new business startups.
Work with government stakeholders to provide startup funds.
Create skill-set development programs for micro-businesses.
Create support-network for graduates to start their businesses.
Provide training and competition to drive entrepreneurial activities.
Work in partnership to encourage industry-relevant startups.
Create a collaborative network for entrepreneurial programs.
Provide women entrepreneur funds to help women startups.
Provide skill-based entrepreneur programs.
Provide social-based entrepreneur programs.
Provide capital generation entrepreneur programs.
The Niger Delta region has for many years and presently suffering from land and air pollution leading to land destruction and severe climate-related issues. What is our focus here?
- We want to devise effective legal working mechanisms that will help create accountability that will ensure better environmental protection.
- Work with the local and the international communities, alongside relevant stakeholders to come up with a land repair policy to ensure that communities that have been affected through unethical practices leading to land destruction and loss of livelihood be compensated and have the land treated.
- Work with environmental agencies to ensure that all the affected industries, businesses activities, marine birds and mammals as well as fish and other related elements affected are gradually treated and put future protection policies in place to prevent any further destruction.
- Put in place effective watch-policies to track illegal activities that will cause an environmental impact that will continue to affect communities and families in these regions (Niger Delta - Nigeria)
Health they say is wealth. A healthy community equates to a better economy. We aim to work in partnership with local-based and international health agencies to ensure basic and affordable health reach all parts of the Niger Delta region, both urban and remote areas.
- Basic and affordable healthcare.
- Engage government agencies to help with better healthcare policies.
- Help create good and working healthcare distribution models.
- Formulate partnerships (private/charitable) options to provide free healthcare.
- Help to reduce the maternal mortality ratio.
- Help provide healthcare education for all in the region.
- Provide free basic medical check-ups for families in remote areas.
This is a big problem in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria. How do we tackle this program? We will look at formulating a good working relationship with government agencies to deploy both urban and rural housing development strategies with a clear pathway for public-private partnerships, project-development funders, and other housing charitable options to help with the provision of affordable housing through government schemes and other private-supportive fund mechanisms.
- Private-public partnership
- Project investment partnerships
- Private ownership development programs via government support
- Land distribution program via government compensational program
(10) ICT (Information Communication Technology)
The world is becoming digital, and the Niger Delta region must get the opportunity to integrate into the ICT elements.
We aim to help provide a working and effective ICT framework to help with good governors, education, business, domestic, and other relevant areas of requirements.
The ICT framework will include:
The use of computers and the internet.
Create a learning pathway to drive information literacy.
Help integrate information processing framework.
Create a platform for online communication and collaboration.
Help to create an environment for research and technology.
Create an ICT center for learning and development.
The integration of ICT and e-learning programs.
Help to drive and encourage computer programming.
We will aim to work with government stakeholders and other relevant industry experts to help drive and create an enabling environment for the creation of industry-focused and relevant manufacturing activities in the Niger Region.
- Industry-relevant manufacturing that will make use of locally derived materials and entities.
- Technical and engineering-based manufacturing.
- Food-based manufacturing.
- Tech-based manufacturing
- Pharmaceutical-based manufacturing.
Niger Delta region is endowed with a richly diverse culture and beautiful landmarks. This provides a huge opportunity for tourism in various capacities.
Areas of tourism opportunities we will help to harness:
Short distance tourism
The tourism options will be focused on the cultural heritage, traditional heritage, food, people, waterways, mangrove forest, animals, festivals, and more.
Areas of investment that can be harness:
Waterways site scenes
Animal Park (zoo)
Tourism guide companies
A good transport system and effective road network with inclusive technology will help with ease of movement and travel, improve commerce activities and lead to economic growth.
Our aim here:
Help provide a good road network system via infrastructure development partnership. (Truck roads, inter-linked state roads, and local network connecting roads from rural to urban settlements).
Good rail-track systems and trains services, via development-investment management partnerships.
Local bus transport with a well-structured management technological system for urban and remote transportation that is safe and affordable.